Vectorworks Site Modelling (1 Day Training Course)
Why buy from us?
- Price match guarantee
- Great service
- Independent advice
- Flexible payment options
CAD Software Direct provides a wide variety of training courses at our partner's offices in Newbury, for all levels of ability.
Sites are rarely flat. You need to be able to assess the impact of a design on a real representation of the terrain. The Site Modelling tools within Vectorworks Architect and Vectorworks Landmark are extremely powerful and will help you understand how a propsed landscape design or building will sit within the landscape. It will also enable you to gain cut and fill estimates based on your design proposals. This training course will give you a detailed understanding of this powerful suite of tools.
- Learn how to use your own survey data or data from a professional surveyor to create a model of the existing terrain
- Use the site analysis tools to gain a better understanding of the lie of land, before making initial design decisions
- Use the Site Modifier and Grade tools to create new flat areas, insert new spot heights and reshape contours
- Create roadways, paths, paved areas, retaining walls and accommodate steps
- Align design features to the surface of the model, including plants, buildings and simple roads
- Report accurate spot levels on the model
- Create sections of the model
- Assess cut and fill requirements either for the whole model or specific areas
The course is suitable for Landscape Architects, Garden Designers and Architects.
Course includes training manual, tea, coffee and lunch. Student rates are available.
All training is provided at our training locations, unless otherwise agreed. Please consult our training dates page for more information and/or contact us for specific availability.