SOLIDWORKS Cloud Apps for Students
SOLIDWORKS Cloud Apps for Students are a set of browser-based 3D Apps, designed by SOLIDWORKS, and powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. There's no installation required, and the apps can be accessed anywhere and on any web-connected device. Access a dedicated student community and take advantage of the included certifications and learning content.
SOLIDWORKS Cloud Apps for Students (12 Month Subscription)
Built with the students of tomorrow in mind, the power of SOLIDWORKS has been fused with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform’s cloud-based design apps and artificial intelligence design aids. Boost your employability now with next-generation CAD technology!
Create on the Cloud
Unleash your imagination and create anytime, anywhere.
Dedicated learning paths to acquire new skills.
Become Industry certified and show employers that you’re job ready!
Take your designs and concepts to the next level with SOLIDWORKS Education, powered by 3DEXPERIENCE.
What Are The xApps?
Think of xDesign as the leader of the xSkills team. With the ability to create anything, free your imagination and embrace a whole new world of fantastic possibilities.
- Create parametric 3D models anywhere and anytime
- Eliminate the need to plan your assembly structure with a single modelling environment
- Iterate rapidly without the rework associated with typical parametric modelling tools
- Understand structural requirements through an easy exploration of optimal material with Design Guidance
- Leverage the power of machine learning to reduce repetitive tasks with Design Assistant tools
- Visualise your designs with ease and impress customers instantly with realistic appearances and environments
The incredible flexibility of xShape lets you manipulate forms into the most convoluted organic configurations. Like virtual modelling clay, xShape translates into all sorts of shapes and styles to make complex forms faster and easier than ever before!
- Create complex, organic shapes with intuitive push and pull interactions
- Refine, modify, and move points, edges, faces, and groups of faces with ultimate control
- Scale models to specific dimensions for accuracy without removing design freedom
- Dynamic surface analysis tools such as zebra stripes and draft analysis
- Leverage scanned hand sketches or photos to match curvature and accelerate designs
If you need to see what a design looks like in fantastically flattened form, xSheetMetal is your bot! With powers that allow transformation back and forth between two- and three-dimensions, xSheetMetal works faster than you can say “Flat Pattern!”
- Create accurate, detailed sheet metal designs that are ready for manufacturing—anywhere, anytime, with no installation necessary
- Validate designs early on with instant access to automatically updated flat patterns
- Streamline the design process with an intuitive, intelligent, and dedicated sheet metal user experience
- Automate repetitive tasks with the help from the Design Assistant, using machine learning technology
Analyse and measure every piece of your structure, and then assemble them back together—all in the blink of an eye with xFrame! From the most minuscule gussets, to endless numbers of endplates, generate cut lists that will speed up any design process!
- Create structure members based on model edges, 2D sketch elements, or curves
- Choose profiles from a library of standard types and sizes
- Automatically trim members at endpoints and corners
- Automatically generate a cut list based on the design for use in fabrication
- Increase productivity with streamlined structure design workflows and a dedicated design environment
What tolerances are needed? What’s the surface finish? Where should the datums be? Before using xDrawing, it’s just a 3D model. When you’ve added the final touches with xDrawing, it’s ready for production.
- Convey design requirements and specifications directly on your model, reducing discrepancies and ensuring an always up-to-date connection between definition and engineering.
- Leverage model-based definition to communicate and automate downstream manufacturing steps, such as machining and inspection.
- Eliminate costly errors, reduce rework and keep definition in sync by seamlessly sharing annotations, dimensions and tolerances between 2D and 3D to produce 2D drawings.
- Make changes with confidence. Annotations, dimensions and tolerances update automatically with model changes for both the model-based definition and 2D drawings.
Create any shape needed to get the job done by quickly and cleverly crafting the most meticulous molds for plastic part manufacturing. xMold does it all with the kind of flow and fluidity that accelerates the xSkills team’s entire design process!
- Specialised, automated, easy-to-use features for the design of mold core, cavity, and inserts
- Reduce mold tooling time to market and improve plastic part manufacturability
- Design molds directly in your browser and connect with distributed teams, customers, and suppliers
- Automatically create parting lines, shutoff surfaces, parting surfaces, and mold splitting, making mold design faster
- Output mold core, cavity, and insert components quickly and easily for manufacturing and 3D printing
- Guided step-by-step workflows make the process easier and faster than ever before
Content Included in this Package
3D Designer Student
Full browser-based portfolio of tightly integrated design apps, featuring our next-generation CAD technology with AI-powered Design Guidance. Also included cloud apps to create drawings, sheet metal designs, 3D structures, molds and more.
Bring your existing SOLIDWORKS files to your 3DEXPERIENCE platform with the included SOLIDWORKS Connector for extended benefits.
Collaborative Business, and Collaborative Industry Innovator
Discover innovative Cloud Apps to fully manage your projects directly from the web.
Online Learning Content
Jump into the 3DEXPERIENCE and understand how it works thanks to a dedicated on-boarding with videos and app tutorials available directly from your dashboard.
3 Certification Exams
You can pass the 3 following industrial certifications: - 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS (SOLIDWORKS Desktop [not included] is recommended for this Exam) - 3DEXPERIENCE 3D Creator - 3DEXPERIENCE Collaborative Business & Industry Innovator This will grant you with a "Be a SOLIDWORKS Collaborative Mechanical Designer" certifying curricula (with a digital recognition).
Student Community Access
With the platform, you are never alone! In addition to the solution, you will have access to the student community: allowing you to find peers, experts and even friends!
The SOLIDWORKS Cloud Apps for Students package is available to students enrolled in an academic institution excluding any direct or indirect industrial, commercial and/or business purposes. Participants enrolled in professional training programs are not eligible. SOLIDWORKS Cloud Apps for Students package must not be used for classroom purposes.
Click here for more information on 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS
|Delivery Type||Digital Delivery By Email|
|Processing Time||1 Working Day|